It’s essential that anyone who regularly handles food – whether during production, preparation or sale is aware of their responsibilities. Get staff up to speed quickly and cost-effectively with our approved course.
- Learn about the 4 C’s of food safety
- Understand the procedures and premises that need to be put in place to ensure good safety and hygiene practises
- Builds on level 1 food safety training to give you a more in-depth understanding of food safety and hygiene
Section 1. Introduction
- Being human, we all need to eat and drink to survive. But food means much more than that. In this section, we will look at the definitions of terms that will be used throughout this course, food hazards, good and poor food standards, allergic reactions, microorganisms, bacteria and your responsibilities.
Section 2. Personal Hygiene
- Having high standards of personal hygiene at all times is crucial for all food handlers. And keeping your hands clean is one of the most important things you can do to prevent bacteria from contaminating food. This section will cover hand washing, PPE, Gloves, Jewellery, Cosmetics and First Aid, Infection and Illness.
Section 3. Cleaning
- As a food handler, one of the best mottos you can live by is ‘clean as you go’. This means cleaning and tidying up after yourself during the working day, not just at the end of your shift. We will cover cleaning do’s and don’t’s, schedules, bins, cleaning your fridge and disinfecting surfaces & equipment
Section 4. Storage, Temperature & Time
- The Storage and Temperature of food are key factors in working to keep food safe. There are a few different things to consider when it comes to food temperatures, deliveries, storage, preservation, packaging and labelling which we’ll take a look at in this section
Course Duration is approx. 50 mins
Examination is a 10 question multiple choice test
iSafe Consulting Certificate awarded to participants upon successful completion of the course