Abrasive Wheel Training Course
Abrasive wheels are power tools which make tasks like grinding and cutting easier. Using these tools is not easy. Moreover, handling abrasive wheels come with some risk especially for those who are not trained to use them.
According to reports, around 50% of the accidents involving abrasive wheels are caused by an unsafe work system or operator error. These unfortunate incidents result in serious injuries and even deaths.
Many of these accidents are due to the improper handling of abrasive wheels which leads to wheel breakage and direct contact with a running wheel, amongst others.
Recognising the dangers of using these power tools, the government has made it a legal requirement for companies where abrasive wheels are used to ensure that their employees are trained to handle them.
iSafe’s Abrasive Wheels course aims to teach employees how to properly and safely handle abrasive wheels to minimise accidents in the workplace.
Abrasive Wheel Course Information
This course is for all workers like fitters and operators whose job involves the use of abrasive wheels.
At the end of the course, the participants should:
- Be able to differentiate abrasive wheels based on markings, type and speed
- Be able to identify the different components and its functions
- Be able to understand the characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Be able to identify risks associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Know the proper methods for handling, storage and transport of abrasive wheels
- Know how to inspect, check and test the abrasive wheels for possible damage
- Know the health and safety rules regarding the use of abrasive wheels
We accept up to 12 participants per class.
This course takes 0.5 days to complete.
All participants need to take a written test at the end of the course.
After passing the assessment, each participant will receive an iSafe Certificate on Abrasive Wheels which is valid for 3 years.
Are you looking for an Abrasive Wheels Course? Our training programme meets all government content requirements.
Call us on +35385 124 5555 or +35342 941 9900 today!